World of Warcraft Counterparts In Heroes of the Storm
If you’ve played World of Warcraft, you’ll definitely see a little bit of your class in Heroes of the Storm. Paladins, Shamans, and Mages have the most distinct similarities, however there’s a little of something for each class. Below I’ve picked out the similarities I’ve found to this point. If you’re trying to decide which Hero to play in Heroes of the Storm, check out the World of Warcraft class descriptions below. You might find one or two Heroes you’d like to get started with.
- Malfurion – Boomkin!
- Tyrande – Kind of a Resto Druid/Hunter.
- ETC – Arms Warrior…kinda.
- Uther – Holy Paladin/Ret Paladin combo.
- Jaina – Frost Mage!
- Muradin – Fury/Prot Warrior.
- Valla – Marksman Hunter.
- Rehgar – Resto/Enhance Shaman.
- Arthas – Death Knight, duh.
- Barbarian – More fury warrior!
- Gazlowe – Engineer, if that were a class.
- Chen – Monk. Nuff said.
- Tyrael – Prot Paladin/Discipline Priest.
- Illidan – Rogue
- Stitches – Death Knight/Warrior
- Nazeebo – Elemental Shaman
- Brightwing – Cross between an Arcane Mage and a Priest.
I haven’t really found a Warlock translation yet. I don’t know much about Warlocks, so that may be part of the problem. Some of the Diablo champs summon a lot of demon pets, but that’s about as close as I’ve seen. Heroes of the Storm is still a young game though, and i’m sure there will be something for all classes as time goes on. I’ll keep this post updated! You can also leave your own similar Class/Hero opinions in the comments. In case you missed it, last time I outlined which champions translate from League of Legends. Check it out if you haven’t already, and stay tuned!