I picked up Star Wars: Empire at War in a recent Humble Bundle. I remember particularly loving the space aspect of this game. Capital ships are what initially drew me to Star Wars when I was younger. Getting to play with them was probably one of the best Star Wars gaming experiences for me. When I started digging into the game, I rediscovered that there was a map editor attached to the game! I quickly reacquainted with the map editor tools, and kicked out something. When I went to test it, I (re)found the cinematic camera view like Total War has! My idea was born. I was able to re-create an epic space battle that I always wanted to see happen, from an awesome perspective. I’d like to do a few of these to see if you enjoy them. I’ll be glad to take your fleet battle requests in the comments!
The entire Star Wars 2 Humble Bundle was $9.99. What a great deal. I hope to stream some of these titles, or find something else unique like these space battles to share.
- Star Wars: X-Wing (Space sim)
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter (Space sim)
- Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter (Space sim)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance (Space sim)
- Star Wars: Rebellion (Grand Strategy)
- Star Wars: Dark Forces (RPG)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight Dark Forces II (RPG)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (RPG)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II (RPG)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (RTS)
- *Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition (RTS)*
- Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (FPS)
- Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga (RPG)