Decimus Bomber Build
The Decimus is a Sith Bomber class ship. It’s counterpart is the Republic Sledgehammer. While it is a bomber, it is almost a hybrid with a Strike Fighter. While it still leans heavily on a traditional bomber role, it is capable of doing some dogfighting. It can also be used as an anti-bomber ship. Fans of bombers or strike fighters may enjoy this ship.
There are a few setups you can use based on what you like to do. You can set it up to lean a little more on dogfighting, or more towards satellite defense. The difference is only a component or two. It can also be anti-bomber with a couple of different components as well.
The first three will be your in-game weapons, the last two will be your in-game abilities.
- Primary Weapons : Heavy Laser Cannons really pack a punch.
- Secondary Weapons : Concussion Missiles – Great for dogfighting. Cluster missiles are also an option. Protons for anti-bomber.
- Systems : Interdiction Sentry Drone – Super fun to deploy against enemy fighters. If you prefer satellite defense, go with the Concussion Mine.
- Shields : Directional Shield – Takes some effort to work, but even left alone it’s pretty good. Charged Plating for anti-bomber.
- Engines : Power Dive – The best engine component in the game. Takes getting used to, but the low cooldown time makes it worthwhile.
These are purely passive stats:
- Capacitor : Range Capacitor – Increase blaster range is great for Heavy Cannons!
- Magazine : Regeneration Extender – Heavy Laser Cannon draws considerable power.
- Reactor: Turbo Reactor – Syncs with Directional Shield to decrease your shield regen cooldown.
- Thrusters : Turning Thrusters – I had trouble steering at first. Regeneration Thrusters may be viable once you get the hang of it.
Sith bombers need all the help they can get. Good luck.
The companions have various passive skills across different classes. Look for the companions with the listed skills.
- Co-Pilot – Hydro Spanner (Blizz) This will keep you repaired. Use Salana Rok for Wingman if you want to be more offensive.
- Offensive – Improved Killzone and Pinpointing – Bigger kill box and better blaster accuracy . (Jaesa Willsaam)
- Defensive – Structural Support and Quick Recharge – Improves defenses and improves shield recharge time. (Broonmark)
- Tactical – Depth of Field and Comm Boost – Increasing sensor range and communication detection range. (Salana Rok)
- Engineering – Power to Engines and Efficient Maneuvers – More sustained engine boosting and engine abilities. (Blizz)
Strategy For Decimus Pilots
The key to this ship is its Interdiction Drone. Drop it in the right place, and a spider web of tractor beams will slow your enemies to a crawl. Your teammates will love you. Gunships will herald your arrival in games. Learning where to place your drone is very important. It dies easily, and has a not-insignificant cooldown. It’s best place near satellites on Domination maps. Drop it bottom center and watch everyone trying to circle the satellite start to “RP walk” instead. Objective B in Kuat Mesa, and Objective C in the Lost Shipyards offer opportunities for laughs as well.
The “Spider Drone”
I call the Interdiction Drone a Spider drone. Then I start singing “spider pig” from Family Guy. The Interdiction Drone is the lynchpin to success. You are still partly a support role still. It does have some Strike Fighter capabilities (missiles), but you are certainly no Flashfire/Sting. Of the three bombers, this is the best suited for Team Deathmatch, though until you have some upgrades underneath your belt it could get ugly. Your Heavy Laser Cannons hits like a truck, so don’t be afraid to engage in a little dogfighting (and sniping if you have the ranged capacitor upgraded). Practice with drone placements on each map. Getting it just right bottom-center below a satellite takes some skill.
I’ll be updating the build as time, experience, and patches dictate. If you have any questions, or feedback, fire away in the comments below.