Free And 100% Legit
Of course, free just means you aren’t paying money. In most cases, you still have to do something to get free stuff. Luckily in games, it most often means more playing games. Blizzard has an awesome gaming ecosystem. You can get free stuff for one Blizzard game, by playing another Blizzard game! Heroes of the Storm is no exception. In fact, playing Heroes of the Storm can get you free stuff in other Blizzard games!
Free Stuff Starting Out
You can get two free Heroes by using a Recruit A Friend Link in HotS. This must be a brand new account. You will immediately get a free Raynor and a free Stimpack. When you reach account level 10, you will get a free Sylvanas and free portrait! Your friend will get a portrait and mount if they refer enough people.
Below is a list of things you can always find for free.
- Malthael Charger – Get Level to 70 in season 4, or any season after in Diablo 3.
- Direwolf Mount – Level any character to 100 in World of Warcraft.
- Billy the Kid Mount – Buy anything in the game Store.
- Mechanospider Mount – Play a Facebook mini game where you and 4 friends sign up as a team!
- Hearthstone Card Mount – win 100 matches in Hearthstone’s Play Mode
Free For A Limited Time
Some free promotions are only for a limited time. Below are the current promotions for Heroes of the Storm free stuff. If you know of one not listed, leave it in the comments.
- Diablo hero – own Diablo 3 on PC/Mac through September 8th, 2015.
Expired Free Offers
Below are some examples of things given away for free in the past. I know it doesn’t help you today per se, but it should give you an idea of what to look out for in the future.
- Valla hero – Preorder Diablo 3 : Reaper of Souls.
- Wonder Billie Mount – Buy anything in the store during alpha/beta testing.
- Azmodan Player Portrait – Create a Heroes of the Dorm Bracket (NCAA Final Four time).
If there’s something missing here, let me know in the comments so I can add it!