Mangler Gunship Build Theme
The Mangler is a Sith Gunship. It’s Republic counterpart is the Quarrel. Gunships have amazing range, the longest of any ship. They are the ultimate sniper class in Galactic Starfighter. Two or three hits are enough to destroy an enemy, maybe less. This guide was done with the help of Leggogurl/Aimbot of Jung Ma and Ebon Hawk.
Knowing what your Mangler is like in battle helps you set it up.
The first three will be your in-game weapons, the last two will be your in-game abilities.
- Primary Weapons : Burst Laser Cannon
- Secondary Weapons : Slug Railgun – This is your heavy hitter.
- Secondary Weapons : Ion Railgun – This is what you want to hit your targets with first to weaken them for yourself and allies.
- Shields : Distortion Field – Extra missile break!
- Engines : Barrel Roll – Standard weapons/missile-dodge ability. Also used to escape or as a gap closer.
These are purely passive stats:
- Armor : Lightweight Armor – Evasion to avoid those pesky scout fighters.
- Magazine : Regeneration Extender – Faster regen for your blasters, big and small.
- Reactor : Large Reactor – More shields let’s you stay face to face longer.
- Sensors : Dampening Sensors – Keep enemies from detecting you, although 15k is the minimum range.
Not important. They won’t even see you, and if they do, it’s as a spec from far away.
The companions have various passive skills across different classes.
- Co-Pilot – Running Interference (Kendra Novar) Increased evasion for that all important escape.
- Offensive – Improved Killzone and Pinpointing – Bigger arc means easier hits, and better blaster accuracy. (Jaesa Willsaam)
- Defensive – Response Tuning and Power to Shields – Evasion and a bigger shield energy pool. (Vector)
- Tactical – Peripheral Vision and Silent Running – Improved personal detection range and decreased detection range by enemies. (Talos Drellik/Treek)
- Engineering – Power to Engines and Efficient Fire – Sustained engine boost, and lower blaster costs. (Ensign Temple)
Strategy For Mangler Pilots
Gunships have an easy job when enemies ignore them. You can snipe your enemies from 15,000 meters. They get little warning until you hit them. One signal you do give off is that an aura glows and expands around you for enemies to see. If an enemy gets too close, Barrel Roll out and escape to sniping range. Your Burst Cannons are decent at close range, but you want to focus on keeping your distance.
Reaching Out With The Mangler Gunship
Gunships can have a major impact on a battle. They end up with a lot of kills, and skillful gunships can maintain an impressive Kill Death Average. Getting support from your teammates can improve your performance exponentially, so fly with a friend if you can. I’ll be updating the build as time, experience, and patches dictate. If you have any questions, or feedback, fire away in the comments below.