SGS-45 Quarrel Gunship Build Theme
The SGS-45 Quarrel is a Republic Gunship. It’s Sith counterpart is the Mangler. Gunships have amazing range, the longest of any ship. They are the ultimate sniper class in Galactic Starfighter. Two or three hits are enough to destroy an enemy, maybe less. This guide was done with the help of Leggogurl/Aimbot of Jung Ma and Ebon Hawk.
SGS-45 Quarrel Setup
Knowing what your Quarrel is like in battle helps you set it up.
SGS-45 Quarrel Components
The first three will be your in-game weapons, the last two will be your in-game abilities.
- Primary Weapons : Burst Laser Cannon
- Secondary Weapons : Slug Railgun – This is your heavy hitter.
- Secondary Weapons : Ion Railgun – This is what you want to hit your targets with first to weaken them for yourself and allies.
- Shields : Distortion Field – Extra missile break!
- Engines : Barrel Roll – Standard weapons/missile-dodge ability. Also used to escape or as a gap closer.
These are purely passive stats:
- Armor : Lightweight Armor – Evasion to avoid those pesky scout fighters.
- Magazine : Regeneration Extender – Faster regen for your blasters, big and small.
- Reactor : Large Reactor – More shields let’s you stay face to face longer.
- Sensors : Dampening Sensors – Keep enemies from detecting you, although 15k is the minimum range.
SGS-45 Quarrel Cosmetics
Not important. They won’t even see you, and if they do, it’s as a spec from far away.
SGS-45 Quarrel Crew
The companions have various passive skills across different classes.
- Co-Pilot – Running Interference (Kendra Novar) Increased evasion for that all important escape.
- Offensive – Improved Killzone and Pinpointing – Bigger arc means easier hits, and better blaster accuracy. (Qyzen Fess)
- Defensive – Response Tuning and Power to Shields – Evasion and a bigger shield energy pool. (Nadia Grell)
- Tactical – Depth of Field and Comm Boost – Improved personal detection range and team communication range. (Kendra Novar)
- Engineering – Power to Engines and Efficient Fire – Sustained engine boost, and lower blaster costs. (Tharan Cedrax)
Strategy For SGS-45 Quarrel Pilots
Gunships have an easy job when enemies ignore them. You can snipe your enemies from 15,000 meters. They get little warning until you hit them. One signal you do give off is that an aura glows and expands around you for enemies to see. If an enemy gets too close, Barrel Roll out and escape to sniping range. Your Burst Cannons are decent at close range, but you want to focus on keeping your distance. Use your Ion Cannons first, then follow up with your Slug Cannon.
Reaching Out With The Quarrel Gunship
Gunships can have a major impact on a battle. They end up with a lot of kills, and skillful gunships can maintain an impressive Kill Death Average. Getting support from your teammates can improve your performance exponentially, so fly with a friend if you can. I’ll be updating the build as time, experience, and patches dictate. If you have any questions, or feedback, fire away in the comments below.