S-13 Sting Build Theme
The Sting is an Imperial scout ship. It’s Republic counterpart is the Flashfire. This is the proverbial hit and run ship. Your job is to get somewhere quick, sucker punch someone ( or kick them in the teeth), then get out of dodge before their friends arrive. Your job is also to pick off whoever strays from the herd.
S-13 Sting Setup
Outfitting your Sting properly is just as important as flying it properly. You need the right tools, for the right job.
S-13 Sting Components
The first two will be your in-game weapons, the last three will be your in-game abilities.
- Primary Weapons : Quad Laser Cannon or Burst Laser Cannon are a good choices.
- Secondary Weapons : Cluster Missiles pack a nice punch, and you can drive enemies crazy with missile lock spam.
- Systems : Targeting Telemetry – Additional Accuracy and Crit.
- Shields : Distortion Field – Missile break & Evasion boost.
- Engines : Retro Thrusters – Throws you behind the enemy attacking you from the rear.
These are purely passive stats:
- Armor : Lightweight Armor – Boosting Evasion as high as we can get it.
- Capacitor : Damage Capacitor – Increased Damage to pack that extra punch.
- Reactor : Large Reactor – Increase the damage Shields can take. TurboReactor also viable.
- Thrusters : Speed Thrusters – Increases overall engine speed.
S-13 Sting Cosmetics
Whatever you like works of course.
S-13 Sting Crew
The companions have various passive skills across different classes. Look for the companions with the listed skills.
- Co-Pilot – Lingering Effect (Jaesa Willsaam)
- Offensive – Pinpointing and Improved Killzone – Better Accuracy and bigger firing arc. (Jaesa Willsaam)
- Defensive – Quick Recharge and Response Tuning – Improved shields and evasion. (Torian Cadera)
- Tactical – Depth of Field and Comm Boost – Increases your detection range, and increases your comm range with allies. (Salana Rok)
- Engineering – Power to Engines and Efficient Fire – Supports sustained blaster fire, and increases your shield pool. (Ensign Temple)
Strategy For S-13 Sting Pilots
Jump in somewhere and start shooting. When your target starts leading you away too far, or you start to take a lot of fire, break off and boost away in the opposite direction. Reset your bearings, find a new target, and dive in again. Your acceleration is top notch, and your top speed is among the best.
Don’t sit on guard duty. You don’t have the defenses for it, and your team needs you lighting up the enemies between satellites. This isn’t to say you should leave a satellite unguarded, but don’t volunteer to stay on defense.
Sting Your Enemies
This ship can go toe-to-toe dogfighting with any other. You are great at starting a fight to soften them up, or finishing a fight to take them down. You should focus on raising your hit % stat to increase your success. If you have any questions, suggestions, or feedback, drop it in the comments below.