B-4D Legion Bomber Build
The B-4D Legion is a Sith Bomber class ship. It’s counterparts are the Sith G-X1 Onslaught, and the Sith B-4D Legion and G-X1 Onslaught. The B-4D Legion excels at defending an objective. You drop your drones and mines around the area, then fly around blasting with your Heavy Laser cannon and shields to max. You can take a lot of punishment while you wait for help to arrive.
This setup is what I am currently using, and it is working out really well. I have it set up to defend satellites in Domination maps, or as part of the Blob-Cluster Strategy for Team Death Match games.
The first three will be your in-game weapons, the last two will be your in-game abilities.
- Primary Weapons : Heavy Laser Cannon – They hit hard. Really hard.
- Secondary Weapons : Seeker Mines – Area denial, and gifts for enemies that follow too closely.
- Systems : Railgun Sentry Drone – With a 10,000 meter range, it can hit most ships before they can get in range. Missile Sentry Drone is also viable.
- Shields : Repair Drone – Repairs friendly ships nearby. Take the ammo upgrade for the Stings on your team.
- Engines : Shield Power converter – Allows you to a lickin’, and keep on tickin’.
These are purely passive stats:
- Armor : Reinforced Armor – More health means more survivability.
- Magazine : Power Pool Extender – Heavy Laser Cannon drain lots of power. Here’s more.
- Reactor: Large Reactor – Increases damage your shields can absorb.
- Sensors : Range Sensors – Increases all sensor ranges. Dampening Sensors are fine if you take the associated crew companions also.
Not important. Here’s hoping for Cartel Market purchasable drone visual customizations.
The companions have various passive skills across different classes. Look for the companions with the listed skills.
- Co-Pilot – Hydro Spanner (Blizz) Repair, repair, repair!
- Offensive – Rapid Reload and Improved Kill Zone/Pinpointing – Faster drone/mine launching, and wider blaster arc or more accuracy . (Corso Riggs/B-3G9 Republic)
- Defensive – Power To Shields and Quick Recharge – Increases Shield Pool, and faster shield energy recharge. (Writch Hurley)
- Tactical – Peripheral Vision and Silent Running – Increasing sensor range, and decreasing detection range. (Treek or Talos Drellik)
- Engineering – Power to Engines and Efficient Maneuvers – Longer engine burn, and reduced engine Boost. (Blizz)
Strategy For B-4D Pilots
Learning where to place your mines and drones is very important. Other than that, guarding specific objectives on Domination maps where there is little room for maneuvering is where you can excel. Objective B in Kuat Mesa, and Objective C in the Lost Shipyards. You will generally want to place your mines and drones below and behind the objectives. This will keep Gunships from easily picking them off at range. While waiting for reinforcements at an objective, you can fly around underneath, releasing your seeker mines behind you for any hapless souls trying to follow you. Bombers were made for area denial.
In Team Deathmatch games, try and find a gunship to protect. Peel off anyone trying to harass them, and you will help your team in a big way. Placing drones and mines is harder, usually behind a wall is best.
You should realize you are in a support role. You will get some kills with your seeker mines and drone, but overall you are meant to hold an objective and let your friends finish off what’s left. Your Heavy Laser hits like a truck, so don’t be afraid to engage in a little dogfighting now and then. Practice with mine and drone placements on each map. Currently I try to deploy things evenly. A mine here, a drone there. That way my Missile drone doesn’t waste a cooldown when my Seeker Mine takes off as well. Careful placement of your Repair Drone is very important to ensure that allies can actually make use of it. Watch your buffs to know when it’s time to redeploy your drones again. They can all be shot down pretty easily.
I’ll be updating the build as time, experience, and patches dictate. If you have any questions, or feedback, fire away in the comments below.