Warcarrier Bomber Build Theme
The Warcarrier is a Republic Bomber class ship. It’s counterparts are the Republic G-X1 Firehauler, and the Sith B-4D Legion and G-X1 Onslaught. The Warcarrier excels at defending an objective. You drop your drones and mines around the area, then fly around blasting with your Heavy Laser cannon and shields to max. You can take a lot of punishment while you wait for help to arrive.
This setup is what I am currently using, and it is working out really well. I have it set up to defend satellites in Domination maps, or as part of the Blob-Cluster Strategy for Team Death Match games.
The first three will be your in-game weapons, the last two will be your in-game abilities.
- Primary Weapons : Heavy Laser Cannon really packs a punch.
- Secondary Weapons : Seeker Mines – Deter enemies from following too close.
- Systems : Missile Sentry Drone – Encourages enemies to use their missile locks early and often. Railgun Sentry Drone is also viable.
- Shields : Repair Drone – Repairs all nearby friendly ships.
- Engines : Shield Power converter – Absorbs heavy damage for a short time.
These are purely passive stats:
- Armor : Reinforced Armor – Increased health. Already decent armor on board.
- Magazine : Power Pool Extender – Heavy Laser Cannon draws considerable power.
- Reactor: Large Reactor – Increases punishment your shields can take.
- Sensors : Range Sensors – Increases all sensor ranges.
Not important. Here’s hoping for Cartel Market purchasable drone visual customizations.
The companions have various passive skills across different classes. Look for the companions with the listed skills.
- Co-Pilot – Hydro Spanner (B-3G9 Republic) This will keep you up when your drone is down.
- Offensive – Rapid Reload and Improved Kill Zone/Pinpointing – Faster drone/mine launching, and wider blaster arc or more accuracy . (Corso Riggs/B-3G9 Republic)
- Defensive – Power To Shields and Quick Recharge – Increases Shield Pool, and faster shield energy recharge. (Doc Republic)
- Tactical – Peripheral Vision and Silent Running – Increasing sensor range, and decreasing detection range. (Treek or Elara Dorne Republic)
- Engineering – Power to Engines and Power to Blasters – Longer engine burn, and sustained blaster fire. (Risha or Tharan Cedrax Republic)
Strategy For Warcarrier Pilots
In Team Deathmatch games, try and find a gunship to protect. Peel off anyone trying to harass them, and you will help your team in a big way. Placing drones and mines is harder, usually behind a wall is best.
You should realize you are in a support role. You will get some kills with your seeker mines and drone, but overall you are meant to hold an objective and let your friends finish off what’s left. Your Heavy Laser hits like a truck, so don’t be afraid to engage in a little dogfighting now and then. Practice with mine and drone placements on each map. Currently I try to deploy things evenly. A mine here, a drone there. That way my Missile drone doesn’t waste a cooldown when my Seeker Mine takes off as well. Careful placement of your Repair Drone is very important to ensure that allies can actually make use of it. Watch your buffs to know when it’s time to redeploy your drones again. They can all be shot down pretty easily.
I’ll be updating the build as time, experience, and patches dictate. If you have any questions, or feedback, fire away in the comments below.