Warhammer Games for 2020
Warhammer Underworlds: Online
A turn-based strategy game based on the tabletop version. WU:O launched into early access on January 28, 2020, but has since gone into full release. Set in the Age of Sigmar realm, you pit warbands against each other. The game uses deckbuilding to supplement your warband as you fight across Shadespire and Nightvault beneath. Warhammer Underworlds is being developed and published by Steel Sky Productions.
Release date: 4/20/2020
Aeronautica Imperialis: Flight Command
Tactical air warfare in the 41st millenia! Orks versus Imperial Navy in what looks to be some sort of aerial strategy game. Both single-player and online PvP are going to be available at launch. Developed by Binary Planets and published by Green Man Gaming Publishing, the game will release on PC (Steam).
Release date: 05/28/2020
Necromunda Underhive Wars
A turn based strategy title from the developer Rogue Factor, battle in the 40k (under)world with rival street gangs. It is a mix of third person shooter and turn based tactical gameplay. There will also be a ‘Conquest Mode’ that adds 4x mechanics between the battles for endless gameplay. Each unit can customize it’s loadout and appearance. The game is available on PC, Playstation, and XBox.
Release date: 09/07/2020
Warhammer 40,000: Battle Sister
A VR shooter featuring the Adepta Sororitas, battle Chaos with weapons and faith powers in VR. It is being developed by Pixel Toys, a veteran of several Warhammer titles. It is scheduled to release on Oculus store. It also features multiplayer of some sort.
Release date: 11/12/2020*
Orks in planes. An aeriel shooter where you take control of an ork, fighting up the ranks to become a warboss. Dog fighting, bombing, and various other air-to-air and air-to-ground missions. The first Warhammer 40k Ork-based game. Releases on PC and console.
Release date: 2020
Miscellaneous Warhammer Game Updates
- Warhammer 40,000: Gladius T’au DLC. Released 2/20/2020.
- Total War: Warhammer II The Warden & The Paunch DLC. Released 5/20/2020.
- Total War: Warhammer II Imrik DLC. Released 5/21/2020.
- Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Assault Pack DLC. Released 5/28/2020.
- Warhammer Underworlds: Online Thorns of the Briar Queen Warband. Released 5/28/2020.
- Warhammer: Vermintide II Grail Knight Career DLC for Kruber. Released 06/28/2020.
- Warhammer Underworlds: Online Eyes of the Nine Warband. Released 08/19/2020.
- Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus, a turn based strategy game featuring the Adeptus Mechanicus, will arrive on consoles in 2020.
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf, a turn based strategy game featuring the Space Wolves, will arrive on Nintendo Switch in 2020.
- Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Eldar DLC. Released 11/12/2020.
Unknown Warhammer Games
A 2019 press release from video game publisher Focus Home Interactive announced three new titles for the Warhammer universe. The first image is related to a new shooter from Streumon Studio, the maker of Space Hulk: Deathwing. The second image is explained in the Beyond 2020 section below. The final image gives no other details, though it looks like a 40k title of some kind with the Imperium symbol, with Saber Interactive as the developer.
Beyond 2020 For Warhammer
- Warhmmer 40,000: Darktide is in development by Fatshark Games, the same developer as the Vermintide franchise. The game centers around a group of Inquisitor acolytes investigating the areas beneath a hive city. It looks to be a horde mode shooter in the vein of Vermintide/Deathwing. It is slated for release in 2021.
- Frontier Developments has announced it will be developing an Age of Sigmar RTS title. It is slated for release in 2023.
- Blood Bowl III has been announced at Gamescom 2020. It will release in early 2021 and feature 12 playable teams at launch.
- The Age of Sigmar strategy title being developed by Gasket Games was announced at Gamescom 2020 also. Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground will be released in early 2021 and is a turn based strategy game based around the Stormcast Eternals.